Saturday, July 28, 2012

White Wine Surprise: A Rare Italian

You might have figured out by now that I experiment with wines.  It is the only way for me to find new wines so that I really know what's out there.  In one of those ways that I surprise myself, I am pleased to inform you about is Bruno Pasquero Roero Arneis 2009 from Alba, Italy.  Alba is in Italy's northern region, and the wine is made from an usual grape known as the Arneis.  So the secret of this wine is that if you know the village name (Roero), the language (Italian), and all the grapes from obscure parts of Europe (Arneis) then you know what to expect.
But maybe you don't right?  That's why I'm here!
This wine is a real treat.  On the nose, you smell how it tastes.  For me, it balances pink grapefruit with peach and is rounded out with a light floral background.  It is wonderful!
Alas, there is none of the 2009 vintage left anywhere except for maybe 5th Avenue of Park Slope.  You can look around for any year after that though.

More articles to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment